Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pickup Trucks: America's Most-Loved Vehicles


Did you know that it was during World War I that trucks were first used extensively? Paved roads saw these vehicles gain a strong foothold in the 1930s. Further, the Interstate Highway System facilitated a substantial popularity of trucks in the 1950s and 1960s. In the late 20th century, trucking was dominant in the freight industry. However, since the 1970s, trucks have been loved by all of America, and they are now used for personal as well as business purposes.

I have seen trucks being used at my home since my childhood. My father owned a big truck when I was a child and he was proud of it! In fact it was only in the late 1980s that he put up the GMC truck for sale. He purchased another one that he used for his business as well. Having grown up watching dad use trucks so extensively, buying one of my own was a natural choice. The small truck suits my family of six just perfectly. With four kids we do a lot of camping and those regular beach days are not a hassle with my truck. It helps us transport the bicycles, umbrellas, games, food baskets and a lot of stuff easily. The other full-size heavy duty truck, which is nicely equipped, is just right to take care of the transportation of goods for my small store.

Purchasing my small truck through a website that listed heavy trucks for auction was a good decision. It’s a used truck, but serves my purpose just right. With a business and a large family to take care of, I did not have thousands of dollars to invest in a second vehicle. However, the price tag that I got the truck at was just what I was looking for. It did need some repairs, but the $5,500 price tag was still good enough for me! I am quite happy with the purchase and recommend online auto auctions to all of my friends. Online shopping is the simple yet exciting way to buy automobiles. One can search online and choose a reputed website to participate in an online auto auction, all from the comfort of one’s home.

No comments:

Post a Comment